Rep

Drives: Harrop M3 / F10 M5 / F82 M4

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Just wanted to post an update after speaking with a few of my friends in the tuning community that have had experience with these stacks.

It turns out that it sounds like the company that makes them actually know what they are doing. When fitting them straight away without any tuning, the car lost significant power on the dyno. But after consistently redynoing the car without making any further changes to the software, they actually made power after the car was able to adapt.

Furthermore, there was a customer that wanted to order them. He explained to the company that his car had aftermarket camshafts. They told him that the product in their stock form would not work properly unless the camshafts were stock, as the length of the stack is calculated by them and timed to the valve opening events. They wound up making a specific stack for this customer with a change in length to account for the different camshafts that were fitted. This shows a clear understanding by them of the relationship between the length of the stacks and the cam profiles.

Now if only they had a way to incorporate airfilters on top of the stacks, I would probably consider them for my car.

Hope this helps clarify real world experiences with the use of these stacks.

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 0