View Single Post
      10-11-2013, 05:19 PM   #88
mistjl
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Root Canal Repair

Sorry this is so long. TIA for your response....

Thursday September 19 went to Endodontic Center for repair of tooth #16 and Dr X evaluated the tooth. She said there was an infection and a previous root canal but Xrays indicated it could be saved. We decided to repair the tooth and she worked on it for ~ 1 hour.

Thursday October 3 went to Endodontic Center for continued repair of tooth #16 which had a previous root canal and crown. It was from 2:00 pm till 4:00 pm. Towards the end of the procedure it felt like she forced some liquid into one of the roots of the tooth and I had very sharp pain above the tooth in the roof of my mouth.

That evening the left half of the roof of my mouth felt swollen but it was numb so there was no pain. The numbness wore off 2 days later on Saturday afternoon. It was replaced by chronic pain in the area. The swelling above teeth #14, #15, and #6 was still there. I started taking ibuprofen with motrin for the pain. On Tuesday and Wednesday the pain subsided and the swelling went down.

Thursday October 10 went to Endodontic Center and discussed the numbness, swelling, and pain in roof of mouth I experienced after the last visit with Dr X. She xrayed the area and said the liquid above the teeth would dissipate over time. I asked if she could have forced liquid thru the root of #16 into my sinus cavity and she said she didn’t know. She worked on the tooth for about 1 hour trying to clean out the only root that still contained a “file”. Towards the end of the procedure I felt an intense pain and flinched and grunted. She stopped and asked if that hurt. I replied yes, there was an acute pain resulting from what felt like pressure above teeth #14, #15, and #16 in the roof of the mouth. I again asked if there could be a hole in the root and when she cleans the inside of the root if liquid is going into my sinus cavity. She said she didn’t know. She stopped and took Xrays again and said she found nothing.

Time ran out. She said the roots were all empty except one and that she had cleaned that one out and was ready to finish the tooth. We made an appointment for Monday, Oct 14.

I’m concerned that some debris from the tooth may now be in one of my sinus cavities or the gum above the molars. Will the packing material she puts in the tooth Monday squeeze into my sinus cavity or gum?

mistjl
Appreciate 0