Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Jet Black:ZCP, ZCV, ZP

Garage List
2011 M3  [10.00]
2011 28i X3  [0.00]
Evolve 240E Stage 2 Tune & Servo tune Review

Hey Guys and Gals,

Just wanting to give a shout out to Sal@Evolve, Imran@Evolve, and Alex@Evolve for an outstanding customer service experience and an awesome ECU and Servo Tune. I contacted the Evolve team with a short dead line to get the tune so that I could have it for an event, and they delivered. Just some background on my car: 2011 Comp Package with AA HFC X-pipe and UUC Corsa Axel Back and aFe Filter. So I opted for the Stage 2 tune, CEL Delete, Cold Start Delete. Did not feel like I needed the raised Redline or removed speed limiter as my home track does not get to above 130ish. So Evolve updated my 231 software to the new 240E and then tuned the 240E Software. Whole process took about 1hr-1:30. Really easy process! Got in the car and took a drive. The Evolve team told me that it would take about 15 minutes of driving for the car to really adapt but that most of the time the adaptation period is much shorter. So I took it easy for about 15 miles and then went to the place where I usually bed in my brakes (big empty industrial park). Under partial load when the car was feeling sluggish, pre-tune, it now feels like it is eager to get up and go. Under full load there is no question in my mind that above 4000rpm’s there is more torque and the car now just pulls harder and doesn't stop until the rev limiter. This is how the car should have come from the factory.

After receiving the initial tune I contacted Sal@Evolve to see if they could do a Servo tune. Really just to tighten of the steering feel and feel more connected to the road. Sal said sure and off he went doing his magic. I see the track at least once a month all year round so I really was looking for a heavier steering feel once I was above 25ish but a lighter feel under that for maneuvering around the pits and paddock. I always thought the steering feel was fine from the factory but now that it is adjusted just the way I like it, it couldn’t be better. Parking and maneuvering at low speed is now effortless, and the car feels much more connected and confident at speed. This again is how I believe the steering should have felt form the factory.

In conclusion, the team at Evolve is one of the best customer service experiences I have had dealing with any vendors on this forum. They are across the pond but it seems that they are down the street when you are dealing with them. They are innovative in their products and customer service is #1 on their priorities list. I also cannot wait for their DCT Tune! Stay tunes for that review as well.
Appreciate 0