10-11-2013, 02:03 AM   #7
e46m3to135i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 MR E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastmike View Post
My car does this almost every time I fill up. It'll only do it once within of 1 mile of filling up then never again until I fill up next time. I've tried keeping logs it seems to not happen as often if I fill up sooner like 1/4 tank left. I usually fill up 91 octane premium (SoCal) Chevron or Mobil.

I've never seen any weird lights but haven't scanned codes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastmike View Post
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=828104

Here's another thread for a similar issue. OP said it hasn't happened since he updated his DME software.
Good find. Seems like were not alone with this issue

Just got the car back from the dealer today. I got the infamous "unable to duplicate reported issues". It is running normally as it did on the drive down to the dealer.

One of my co-workers called me as I was at the dealer waiting to take delivery of my car. He asked me where I filled my tank up at. I told him where and he informed that he filled up his tank today at the same place as I did and now his car(Audi TT) is idling and surging some. He stated that his car has never acted this way also.

Once I heard this from him I pretty much knew the gas station on post must have just received a bad batch. While I was at the dealer I picked up a bottle of the BMW fuel treatment and added half the bottle to my full tank.

So far all is well.

-Nick

Evolve Stage 1 Tune / GTS DCT Flash / Servo Tune / OEM Exhaust Mod / BMC Drop In / H&R Sports Springs / BMS 15/12mm Spacers / CF Grilles / CF Gills / CF Hood Vents / Painted Reflectors / Extended Paddles / BMS ARC AE's / Cyba Scoops / 20% Tint
Appreciate 0