herbz
hi
United_States
Rep
Drives: '86 325e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vudoo4u2 View Post
im not comparing to the 335i, wasnt the intention..cool your jets

the SHO has a curb weight of 4,368, so I was a smidge off on my estimate of 4500 (not by much), but 4368 is a boat by any calculation when an equivalent sized acura tl weighs 3950, a nissan infiniti g37x weighs 3869 (and thats heavy...).
and I agree, its 37k + tax, which comes to ~40k...most of us pay tax...

im not digging dirt, im shocked that this car can be so expensive and weigh so much and people are in awe of its "performance" specs?

in comparison to current offerings by various other manufacturers in the same price range. 400-500 lbs is a lot of weight, and for the same price point as the acura tl, infiniti g37, and even a subaru legacy spec b (3500lbs...so a whole 900 lbs less than the ford)...the performance on this ford is nothing amazing, and especially for its price point
i'm actually amazed that people would pay above $40k for a honda (oops i mean acura) or a nissan (oops i mean infiniti), or toyota (oops i mean lexus) but hey, the majority of people would.

you know what i'm shocked about? that anyone would pay $70k for a 550i that weights 4000 pounds and has 360hp/360lb-ft torque.. $30k seems like an awful lot of money for 350 less pounds and a nicer (subjective) interior for the BMW vs. the SHO... BMW's reliability for their v8's is not any better than ford's..

also, the g37 is a competitor to the 335i and is350, not a full sized sedan like the SHO.

the taurus is not trying to be a sports car, it is i what it is: a full sized sedan with a lot of horsepower.
Appreciate 0