12-11-2007, 09:19 PM   #111
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbb357 View Post
Saying that the Evo X has a very advanced drivetrain is not backing anything up at all. You of all people, probably the most technical person that i have ever come accross with should no better than that. Show some technical data Swamp that would clearly show that the GTR and Evo X are equal or that one is more advanced than the other. I can say the same thing about the Subaru WRX, that does'nt mean anything. In regards to the LS600hl, i'll agree it is advanced but it has also been labeled as the most over hyped vehicle.
I will humor you just a bit. Again, I do still maintain my claim the the burden of proof resides with the one making bold unsubstantiated claims.

Anyway the Evo X has the following technologically advanced drivetrain features:

-6 speed programable dual clutch transmission with normal, sport and S-sport modes
-The SAWC (Super All Wheel Control) system integrates sensors and active, real time control of the vehicles power among the wheels to counter undesired handling traits like over and under steer as well as results such as not being able to hold a particular line. It includes three modes for gravel, snow and pavement. It also works to enhance braking as well as accelerating and cornering
-S-AWC includes, talks to and manages the following sub systems:
-ACD - active center differential which actively (in real time and in a varying fashion) splits torque front to rear, the most torque at the rear when accelerating hard on pavement and a much more even distribution or even front bias when cornering on snow
-AYC - active yaw control which actively manages the distribution of torque to the two rear wheels to manage undesired yawing motions (the motion of the vehicle around its CoG in the plane of its wheels)
-ASC - active stability control
-ABS - much more than traditional ABS (which it has) but this is ACTIVE brake control. The S-AWC system can manage braking at all four wheels to improve handling and steering, the ABS system takes over as a more fail safe approach when AYC and ACD can not handle the curve the driver or conditions have thrown at the car
-S-AWC monitors the anti-lock wheel sensors, vehicle speed, as well as the vehicle dynamics yaw rate sensor, all in real time.
Appreciate 0