View Single Post
      12-28-2006, 04:34 AM   #18
Robert
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEllis View Post
I am thinking 3k-5k is going to give you one hell of fast 335 given that Xede tuned 335's are doing 0-60 in the low 4's and 0-100 around 10 sec. For the street only its going to be hard to deny the 335 may be a better route for the guy that doesnt mind a tuned car and no warrenty.

I would rather have an M but if the price is wrong then it looks like I will be waiting for the 335 M sport with a Xede or at that point a Dinan tune to chase down Porsche's with.

Jason
Yea I dont think the current 335i will be as fun as the new M even with the added boost. With the M suspension the 335i should be able to match the fun factor of the M3. However, like some others have mentioned I like my car stock. I am not willing to void my warranty and the car's reliability is a key factor since I keep my cars for 10+ years. 335i is a great value no doubt but owning a car with the M emblem has always been my dream.

Since my car is totalled 3 weeks ago i have been driving a rental Maxima. That car has great power but every time I nail a corner I have to slow way down. I am not even going to begin how much it sucks to have 255hp to the front wheel.
Appreciate 0