03-30-2009, 08:34 AM   #19
Big Windy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugnut View Post
You are not actually fully shutting your vehicle off. My father did this for years w/ his 330xi, and then would always complain how his car had a crappy battery that always died. When you shut your car off you have to hold the start/stop button until "BMW" is displayed in large letters across your Idrive screen.

As to the CA, I almost always have issues. Just about everything seems to interfere with mine on some level. My cell phone especially. I have to have my cell phone in either my back pocket, or have my key within 6" of my door, and not behind more than 1 layer of clothing (if I am wearing a long coat and the key is in my pants pocket it wont read no matter what). Hell, if my BMW Motorsports key chain is inbetween the fob and my car it wont unlock my doors . In the conversations I have had w/ the techs they all agree that cell phones are the biggest factor in the interference. Not much you can really do about that though I suppose.
There certainly seems to be a lot of CA issues. I am fortunate that I have not had any with mine. I would be surprised if BMW is not developing a second generation of CA that works on a more reliable frequency or technology. Hopefully gen 2 will alleviate these problems for future owners and make the system more dependable.