View Single Post
      11-27-2007, 10:37 PM   #141
jmsent
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: VW GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epacy View Post
Your views on what it takes for good sound make it seem like you really don't know what you are talking about.
Or is it possible you simply are misunderstanding what I'm talking about?

Quote:
DSP is a huge part of reproducing sound when we are talking about it coming from CDs or MP3. You want no DSP when the source is encoded with HD audio or enhanced sound, i.e DVD-audio, SACD, DD or DTS encoded. Thereby letting the pure signal pass through the processing unit of the audio system and delivered to the ears without interruption or additions.
You're not very clear, but it seems you're referring to the fact that CD's and MP3's are 2 channel and the others are (potentially) multi channel. SACD and DVD Audio can actually be either. Or did you mean something else?
The DSP you are describing is basically addressed by Logic 7; i.e., generating 5.2 surround from 2-channel sources. That has nothing to do with DIRAC which uses DSP to address the loudspeaker system in the car environment. From their product description:
"Digital frequency and transient correction of sound systems. With Dirac Live™ you will not only reduce unwanted room-acoustics to a minimum. These high-resolution time- and frequency domain filters also compensate for imperfections in the physical layout of the loudspeaker system. The result is a substantially improved musical staging, clarity, and precision not just in a small sweetspot but in the entire listening volume. On top of this, you can easily apply your own branded sound identity to all of your sound systems."

Quote:
I also find it highly odd you think well designed paper cones are sufficient.
Why don't you tell me what you think is insufficient about a well designed paper cone driver?

Quote:
And let me try to comprehend that you are dogging on Class D amplifiers...
Do you know the benefits of such amplifiers?
I'm not dogging on them. They have their place. I certainly do know the benefits of Class D. Do you know the drawbacks? Or do you think there aren't any?
Appreciate 0