08-30-2008, 08:06 PM   #6
Serious
1M advocate
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 S4. 2011 M3. 2012 S1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by synclastica_86 View Post
There are some heated debates about how //M decides not to make the CSL. Some people even seem to be emotional and angry at //M for making such a decision. The fact that resources has been diverted in to an M X5/6 just made the matter worse.

But let's come back down to earth and look at it. How many of us are actually going to have a real chance at getting a CSL? I'm trying to offend anyone by saying that you can't afford it. But even if you have 1-200k in your pocket to blow on a car, aren't there better performing choices? GT3s, F430s, lambos and the list goes on.

This leaves only the people who are so wealthy that probably hired someone just to write on this forum for them to buy the CSL. They have so much money that they simply doesn't care using some pocket change to expand their 20 car garage with the CSL. Are you one of them?

Yes, I know, you wouldn't fall for the M X5/6, but I also know my wife would want one once she sees the neighbor shuttling their kids to school in a Cayenne GTS. People buy cars for different reasons, perhaps they need a SUV (or SAV) but also wanted the //M badge just to make others think that their genitals are larger than they actually are, who knows? And now, BMW thinks that there are appeantly many people who wants an //M badge on their SUV, so they are making them. Has it got anything to do with you? Will it affect you?

To me, I don't care. The M3 is a great car, and I love it. That's all it matters to me. As long as they make a single car that performs like a pure bred sports car and within the price range that I could afford, I cool. Yes, some people might say that //M will be tarnished by not having a CSL and producing SUVs, but why do you care? I would like to think that most M3 drivers are like me; they are in it for the driving experience and not the braging rights of owning the //M badge in the back of their trunk. That's my take.
There are buys for the CLK63 Black... why wouldnt there be for an m3 csl????

Badging SUV's M is stupid since M is supposed to stand for motorsport and SUV's have nothing to do with motorsport. (obviously leaving things like dakar rally out).

M has built SUV's before... they just didnt receive M badges. x5 4.8is for example.