Kev
Critical Care Anesthesiologist
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: SMB F83

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcstep View Post
I think, at least suspect, that the OP's query was real. After all, the 335i is a hell of a car. Particularly around here, in Colorado, I'd recommend the 335ix over the M3 to most of my friends, due to great combination of performance and particularly good performance on snow and ice. A much smaller portion of my friends would be candidates for the M3 and it's very clear who those friends are. Also, they're very near the same price point, so the comparison is natural.

As M3 lovers we need to be realistic that the M3 is not THE car for everyone. (Thank goodness). Still, people are likely to come here asking if they're uncertain, why wouldn't they??? Where else are they going to find more views about the positive points of the M3?

Dave
I find it funny because the OP keeps defending his choice using what we consider as merits of the car. Don't get me wrong, I came from two 335xi, an E90 and then an E92. I live in Boston and know how well they behave in snow and the low end TQ of the car for city driving. I drive a good bit in traffic in Boston so the additional TQ is very beneficial to the car. However, once I stepped into the M with the intoxicating engine noise and superb handling, I tend to forget about my heavily modified 335xi, even though it might be quicker than the M in a straight line.

Just an observation, that's all.