Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 Cpe Silverstone FR 6MT

Garage List
2009 M3  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Advskier View Post
As to meeting you on the racetrack, if we can do it on bikes I'd be glad to. It's been years since I've autocrossed, but I spend plenty of time on motorcycles at Miller Motorsports Park.
I'm totally not a biker, but I haven't autocrossed since the mid 1990s either. I bought the M3 to get back into it and maybe do some track days. If there's a way, I'd love to meet you and have a friendly challenge. I'm Dave Stephens and live in Denver.

Oh, I "get" the X3, particularly with a better suspension than stock, it's just not a high priority for me. If I skied every weekend, then I'd probably value its virtues (as optioned, not stock) more like you. My wife, OTOH, doesn't "get" the X3, other than the label. Thankfully, at least so far as cars go, she's not into label envy, so we're free to buy vehicles that suit her needs. We hardly ever get off the plain here, so her Santa Fe Limited really does the trick. It's a wonderful vehicle with no apologies needed.

BTW, you get a lot of winter conditions like here in Colorado, with snow, then dry and cold, then relative warm, then cold again. I just put some Pirelli Sottozero IIs on the M3 and they've been incredible so far. It was dry and warm when I put them on and only gave up a little performance to the dry weather Michelins. We've had single-digit temps and snow and ice lately and the M3 is sticking like a tree frog. I think these are going to be great winter tires, with all the elements that I seek, good dry performance, low noise and great ice and snow performance.

Dave
Appreciate 0