JRV
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 AWE90M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawasaki00 View Post
Read it as you want to convince yourself but that is not what it reads
I also talked to the regional manager for the south east and the shop forman for our local dealer yesterday and he said any LL01 oil is approved.
3 separate bulletins

*The following is the only recommended and approved synthetic oil for BMW M (Motorsport) vehicles in the US market with gasoline engines, at the present time.
•BMW Long-life rating LL-01 Synthetic Oils for BMW M vehicles equipped with S54, S62, S65 or S85 engines
•Castrol EDGE Professional TWS Motorsport SAE 10W-60 Synthetic Engine Oil
◦BMW part number 07 51 0 009 420
or•Castrol EDGE Professional OE 5W30 Synthetic Engine Oil
◦BMW part number 07 51 0 037 195

The bullets represent 3 different options, there is no part number for the first option. That means any oil outside of castrol that has LL01 approval can be used.
We can argue about it all day because some will never be convinced but it is in writing.
Yea we could argue all day but not here for that either. Lets say if you are right,and i hope you are, then I just have 1 tiff with the way it is written. If you read it word by word, are all BMW Long-Life rating LL-01 Synthetic oils for BMW M vehicles? Are they saying only LL-01 Synthetics for BMW M vehicles? Btw, they also dont have a colon after the first statement
" *The following is the only recommended and approved synthetic oil for BMW M (Motorsport) vehicles in the US market with gasoline engines, at the present time."
That could mean they are not done and saying here is the list. That means they have one other thing to say. Therefore its possible it is not the list following that statement. Look at the oil for the Alpina B7, there is clearly a list.
So then if it is a list as you say, i still think it is saying only BMW LL-01 approved for BMW M engines.
I'd just hate for somebody to go thru hell if anything should happen to their motor, just because there is a possibility that this was all read wrong.
Appreciate 0