View Single Post
      12-06-2011, 08:45 AM   #15
Raz335
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrytroop22 View Post
Bizarre? Are you serious? There is no way to match the factory paint perfectly and lots of people feel the same way as I do. It is not like we are talking about a Honda Civic here. A car loses value as soon as it is repainted.
Agreed. Repainting should be avoided when possible. It hurts resale and you can't replace the curing process that OEM paint goes through. When I'm looking to buy a car and I find out it's been repainted, it's automatically off my list. Opens up too many scenerios for why the car was repainted in the first place.

As for clear bra, I went through the same decision when doing my hood. My car is Jerez Blck and I decided to spend extra and do the whole hood. I knew I wouldn't be happy with the line across the middle. I suggest you do the same. If it's a thought in your mind, I have a feeling you'll always be looking at it and regreting not doing the whole thing.

Jerez Black/Fox E93 M3 - Prem 2/Cold/Conv/DCT/EDC/19's/Ext Lthr/Crbn Trim/Enhanced Sound/Sat
Mods- 20" BBS LM's DBK/Challenge Catback/Eibachs/Trim wrapped black/Lux Angel eyes/35% Tint
Appreciate 0