Hamann M3 Fan
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & F10 M5

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
2008 E92 M3 Coupe  [8.14]
Talking Thanks Tom for posting the pics and the write up

The pics Tom is posting is of my 2008 6MT E92 M3 Yes that would be me M3post member Shady1 . For those of you that know me and my car. I have no problem taking a long road trip in my M3. I do not track my M3 and it is not my daily driver. Most of my miles are all highway miles driving to SoCal for some mods because I don't trust the shops in the state I live in TEXAS. I make the long caravan trips to Las Vegas for the annual MFest event. I enter my M3 in a lot of car show events and meets in Texas on the weekend. Texas is not a small state so the miles add up real fast. I actually put the VF540 Supercharger on my M3 in late April of this year at 92,000 miles, (Sorry Tom I had to correct you on the miles) I drove the car to SoCal for install and back to Texas, then to MFest 7 in Las Vegas in May then I did a few car shows in Texas now I am back in SoCal again for the rod bearings. My plan was to get the rod bearings changed out as a preventive maintenance this summer because I knew I would be hitting the 100k mile mark soon over the summer. My plan was to do my 2008 M3 like M3 post member boosted M did his 2008 E92 M3. Change the rod bearings and update the Clutch to the Spec Super Twin Disk Clutch. He had 100k plus miles on his M3 and was supercharged for 80,000 miles of his 100k miles. I thought I still had a little more time than him since he was supercharged for so long before he reached 100k. Boosted M had his rod bearing done by a shop in Florida. Since I don't trust any of the shops in Texas to do my rod bearings and I don't mind or having any problems driving my M3 out of state for any mods or upgrades. I was planning a trip to Florida to get the rod bearings done until I seen Tom at EAS offer to change them out for SoCal members. Well since I just retired from the Military about 2 weeks ago after serving 23 years of service and I have the extra time plus I have family in SoCal. I trust Tom and his shop EAS to do anything I want done to my M3 since they installed mods and parts on my M3 everytime I make a trip to SoCal . I drove my 100K+ mile E92 M3 to SoCal and decided to let EAS change out my rod bearings and to be the first 100k+ mile M3 for them and to share my rod bearing findings to all the M3post members, other BMW websites, and forums. I want everyone to know how my rod bearings look like on my normal highway driven M3 that is Stealership maintained. I do not drag or track my M3. Since the rod bearing were going to be changed out I decided to upgrade my VF540 kit to the VF620 kit in the process. I am glad I had EAS change my rod bearings because as you can see I was riding on borrowed time

Other upgrades I have done to my M3 since I installed my original VF540 at 92000k miles.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...hlight=Shady+1

I replaced my diff bushing to Turner Motor Sport Aluminum Race bushing and at 100K+ miles

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...=843389&page=4

I upgraded my stock OEM clutch to the SPEC Super Twin Disk Clutch.

I trusted my Stealership to do the SPEC Super Twin Disk Clutch install on my M3

I hope the rod bearing info on my 100k+ mile M3 was helpful to everyone I will be driving my M3 back home to Texas in the morning 1400+ mile drive

JZB,6MT, My mods 360 Forged 20inch wheels,VF650 Supercharger custom tuned,ARH Long Tube Headers,Hamann CF roof spoiler,H&R springs,CF grills,Hamann rear trunk spoiler,Hamann Side Skirts, ARKYM full CF bumper, Gintani Race exhaust, ARH X-pipe catless,RPI scoops,AA SSK, Arkym CF Double Sided Vented Hood,

Last edited by SHADY1; 08-23-2013 at 08:53 AM..
Appreciate 0