View Single Post
      08-19-2010, 09:41 AM   #38
DadzM4
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4

With a $700+/monthly payment I believe they "over allowed" on your trade so they could show a larger down payment to BMW. They basically took the "equity" you had in your car and discounted the new car enough to make it look like a huge monthly payment was being put down. If you go to BMW's site and use their lease calculator and use $13k as a down payment you will see your payment will be in the $700/month range on a fully loaded $75,655 M3, 3 year lease. So if they had discounted the car your payment would go down about $20-$22 for every $1000 down additional. So basically they in reality sold you your car at full price, over allowed on the trade to make it look like you put $13k down, show you equity on your trade and not have to show BMW a full MSRP deal plus your negative equity. So if they had given you a good deal on the car with $13k down you would have a payment of around $540/month depending on options. I see your car was in the $68k range, so with that money down and a good deal you would have had a payment in the $450-$480 range. So they did not totally screw you in my opinion, but they didn't do you any favors either.