View Single Post
      05-01-2013, 10:42 PM   #7
Majin Buu
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Now! View Post
I don't think I made my point clearly. It's true that cars are usually set up to understeer so they're easier to control in an emergency, for a driver with less skills. But if my understanding of this 328 is accurate, it's NOT set up to understeer, it's balanced and handily quick to oversteer.

In an M3, you'd expect (hope) that the typical driver has better-than-average skills, so it's odd that BMW would set up a 328 for balance, and an M3 for understeer.

So...maybe the M3 is set up for understeer simply because there will usually be enough throttle to balance it, and otherwise it would be rear-biased.

Cheers
why would the "typical" driver of an M3 have better than average skill? Does bmw require an FIA superlicense before selling you an M3? As far as I know, the only requirement to buy an M3, or most other sports and supercars all the way up to a Veyron, is $$$. Just google all those rich doctors, lawyers, and hedge fund managers who buy those shiny brand new ferraris and lambos and fly upside down into a ditch just minutes after driving off the dealership lot.
Appreciate 0