View Single Post
      03-04-2013, 08:47 AM   #16
toan414
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Did you guys test drive the car slightly outside if the city? Jumping instantly into an M3 from a 335, you will notice the torque. But through refinement and level of foot comfort, that feeling will go away once you are used to the DCT. A prius can beat me at a light when I am not in a rush, in a rush, I have gunned it and saw that I was 15+ cars ahead of the crowd when the light turned green. I sat in a friend's 335 not too long ago and remember just how much the car pick up and miss that moment, but then that was it. I remembered everything else about the car. I was unlucky and was one of the reason why the 335i was recalled for fuel injectors. I had 12 injectors replaced under warranty.

I would say another drive in the M3 through better roads would show where it outshine a regular 3 series. Don't know where in Frederick you are, but my friend used to live behind the Home Depot on Rt 40. Even my car was high profiled there, I was followed by two of Fredrick's finest til I took the 70 exit out of the city. But driving Rt 40 westward into the hills with an M3 and it will wow you. A mix of highway and country roads is where an M3 should be.
Appreciate 0