Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ateam View Post
Since this is now your first brand new bimmer, it is totally understandable. people that buy used sometimse just do not get it because they think they saved a bunch of money for the "same" car and they never miss the new buying and owning experience.

I love seeing my car at the dealer brand new, I love being able to do the first detail and keep it absolutely perfect paint from the get go. Love the brand new interior/leather and again being able to control how well I take care of it and keep it brand new.

There is also pride in owning something from the beginning. I love knowing my engine from day 1 and its quirks and know that I completely spoiled it with frequent oil changes, filter changes way to ofte and engine detailing.

So much more that is hard to explain but if you have never got a brand new car that you ordered it is totally worth it! Enjoy! Not sure I would have done it if I had a 2011, used or not! I probably would have gotten another car if I was set on buying a new one.

I have my eye out for a used m5 and am looking but in no rush. Would be my first used car and I am a bit hesitant!
Thank you! and yes you are so right what you are saying .... this is my second new BMW (from the 7 I will have owned after I pick up this new one this weekend) my first new BMW was my e28 a 1987 535is we still have it in the family there are pictures in my garage(s) of this now almost 25 year old car. You know I still smell the leather of this car as it did when I first got it in 1987.

Mind you I owned many other cars that I got brand new our first ever new car was a 1961 VW Beetle many others followed after that mainly company cars. It was always difficult to get into the German cars new al-dough I once drove a 1999 Mercedes M Class as my company car.

Cheers,

Rolf-Dieter

Happy Thanksgiving to our American Forum Members

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0