footie
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: i4M50

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
How do you figure the "fast" part? Ring time of 7:40 seems to be quite competitive.

If you look at the E46 CSL, despite the fact that it was quite exciting to drive and similarly fast on track with the GT3 of the time (7:52 Ring time if I recall correctly), they had trouble selling it at that price level. They correctly concluded that no matter how nice the car was, only so many people were prepared to pay that much money for a sedan derivative.

But it mostly had to do with the image, not the performance of the car itself. Image is everything in that price category.

BMW will only be able to sell a E100k performance car if they make a bespoke model/line, that has absolutely nothing in common with a 320d Coupe. (Not even the general layout/shape, as the current M3 does).
100% correct, that's the reason for the limited supply. I remember the E46CSL had to drop the price by close on 20% to clear the remaining stock in UK dealerships, though admittedly BMW did built a shit load more of them than 25 units per year. I reckon this one will hold better money than any of it's competitors due to this fact.
Appreciate 0