03-06-2011, 09:35 AM   #11
mastek
e36s54, e70x5d
United_States
Rep
Drives: slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuggy View Post
On Friday, I had the HuperOptik (ceramic) 65% installed on my E90 by Hann and his crew at STM. 323-732-3760. The install took about 90 minutes. I went for the 65% because I wanted an OEM look that would go unnoticed by our favorite organization and would not make night-driving too dark from the interior.

The 65% tint is for the most part unnoticeable unless you knew my windows were tinted. It has a very light blue hue to it (matches the Space Grey very nicely) and what I notice the most is its ability to eliminate UV heat.

A side-note for E90 drivers considering tinting... All four of our doors are equipped with two dust-collecting blades at the base of the window. To avoid scratching Hann recommends that the second blade (which causes the scratching) to be removed -or- adding a sheepskin layer on top of the blade to avoid harsh friction b/w the blade and tint. I opted to have the 2nd blade removed, to avoid extra stress on the motor-action of the windows.

Since there is a MFest group buy going on, I was given a 20% discount.

Btw, Hann's reputation extends beyond the BMW community, as he was the installer responsible for the elevator windows at the Beverly Center and most Pinkberry stores. I highly recommend his work and that anyone interested act quickly and sign up for the group buy at MFest's forum before it runs out.
So how much did that end up being on an e90 with the 20% discount?
Appreciate 0