View Single Post
      03-06-2011, 01:54 AM   #9
shuggy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E90M3, '20 X3M, '20 RRSSVR

On Friday, I had the HuperOptik (ceramic) 65% installed on my E90 by Hann and his crew at STM. 323-732-3760. The install took about 90 minutes. I went for the 65% because I wanted an OEM look that would go unnoticed by our favorite organization and would not make night-driving too dark from the interior.

The 65% tint is for the most part unnoticeable unless you knew my windows were tinted. It has a very light blue hue to it (matches the Space Grey very nicely) and what I notice the most is its ability to eliminate UV heat.

A side-note for E90 drivers considering tinting... All four of our doors are equipped with two dust-collecting blades at the base of the window. To avoid scratching Hann recommends that the second blade (which causes the scratching) to be removed -or- adding a sheepskin layer on top of the blade to avoid harsh friction b/w the blade and tint. I opted to have the 2nd blade removed, to avoid extra stress on the motor-action of the windows.

Since there is a MFest group buy going on, I was given a 20% discount.

Btw, Hann's reputation extends beyond the BMW community, as he was the installer responsible for the elevator windows at the Beverly Center and most Pinkberry stores. I highly recommend his work and that anyone interested act quickly and sign up for the group buy at MFest's forum before it runs out.
Appreciate 0