06-06-2012, 05:16 PM   #488
Singletrack
4th down; 4th quarter? Renegade.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3; 19 FG M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoingTooFast View Post
I'm the kind of guy who usually puts his money where his mouth is... I wouldn't take the trouble if I wasn't genuinely convinced that the Toyobaru really is a cornerstone.
I agree with you. This is one of the most important cars in a very long time.

Quote:
I miss some aspects of the Cayman driving experience... namely its precision, driving position and the manual gearbox - the best gearbox I've ever experienced. Period.

But at the same time I love the challenge of driving the 1M - you are always fighting with yourself as you are always aware that you are not making the most of the 1M capabilities, so you are compelled to push it and yourself to its limits because this car was made to go sideways and you soon will find yourself wishing for better driving skills. Then there's the gas mileage issue which is important when your driving style systematically puts you on the 15 mpg mark and you are paying 2.13 US$ per 0.26 gal.

So, the way I see this Toyobaru is like a fusion between the Porsche and the 1M for the best of their traits... and it just isn't a perfect fusion because of the torque absence... then I have to ask for it!
I didn't realize you had a 1M. I'm sure you will love the Toyobaru. If I had a massive garage, I might buy one myself as a toy.

As for the torque; upgrades to Subarus are so cheap. Sounds like the chassis is great. You can almost drop a whole new motor in one for the price of a full BMW exhaust. : )

Last edited by Singletrack; 06-06-2012 at 07:15 PM..
Appreciate 0