View Single Post
      12-17-2011, 12:05 PM   #55
racer01
Private
Rep
Drives: 09' 335i sedan, 2011 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jml View Post
That is impressive assuming they work well on the street (no noise, low temp bite). Stocks pads are about 1000F and a top end race pad is 1600.
They were almost impossible to tell from stock pads on the street. No more dust, and never a hint of squealing. They were actually a little less grabby at low speeds, which made it easier to modulate the brakes in parking lots, my garage, etc. Great initial bite however, even on stone cold rotors/pads in the winter. With such a wide temp range, and perfect street manners (and cheap as crap at $200 for the full set!) I don't know why more folks aren't talking about them. On the e92 it isn't such a big deal, as the stock pads are so small you really need a full out race pad to even have a chance with the stock brakes on a track that is medium or hard on brakes if you are past the beginner stages of DE's, but with big brake kits or other cars with much bigger calipers, etc. I figure folks would be more excited about this pad. Guess it takes a long time to get a bite into the market. It amazes me people would still buy the Hawk HP+, which is significantly worse on both the street and the track.
Appreciate 0