View Single Post
      07-28-2007, 05:00 PM   #11
sflgator
Major General
Rep
Drives: '09 MB C63 AMG & '08 MB GL450

Quote:
Originally Posted by 010101 View Post
Maybe in a drag race. Just buy a piece of shit mustang gt and put a blower and some drag radials on it if that's your only measure of performance. It will beat the 335i with procede every time and cost much less. If you factor in other things like lateral g's, slalom speed and braking around a real track the 997 is in a completely different league as the 335i. All of the ECU mods in the world won't make it a light weight sports car that handles well. As for the 997's price... why not race an Evo RS? That thing is only $27,000 and will absolutely murder the 335i at everything. There is always something faster for cheaper. Anyone who has actually driven a 997 wouldn't knock its price. It's worth every penny. I know no one is talking about the price yet but I can see it coming lol
True...a Porsche 911 is a Porsche 911, no doubt. I think a 335i and PROcede 335i has much more on the Cayman S.

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |
Appreciate 0