View Single Post
      01-24-2012, 11:19 AM   #24
JonnyM3
Captain
Rep
Drives: Moderately Quick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGP View Post
Yep, I am done. You are completely disconnected from reality. You still think life is a movie. He is swinging a weapon at a police officer. They already tried using non-lethal means to subdue him and it only made him angry. What you are saying is they should "attempt" to tackle him or find some other way to control an obviously crazy person that is prepared to swing a weapon at a police officer. You pull a weapon or brandish a weapon at a police officer and ignore commands to drop the weapon, YOU GET SHOT. That's it... end of story. You don't shoot him once and hope that does the trick.. you fire and continue firing.. Show this video to your friends in the NYPD or your friend that just returned from his tours and they will say the EXACT SAME THING I am saying to you.

First lesson you are taught when you learn about fire arms is NEVER POINT THE GUN AT SOMETHING YOU DON'T INTEND TO KILL....
I've shot M4s some miscellaneous pistols and shotguns. I agree shooting was a necessary move, or yes all the cops on scene could have tackled one man. What I'm saying is the guy wasnt holding a fire arm, when he's down with 3-5 bullets in his chest is it necessary to continue shooting? I don't think so but to each his own. The situation wasn't life threatening at that moment in time, other precautions could have been taken. Sorry we disagree
Appreciate 0