View Single Post
      03-07-2011, 08:51 AM   #7
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGP View Post
Played throughout beta.. I am on the Aedraxis server. Defiant side name: Ybalull

A grind? You can level by questing, instanced dungeons, rifts, or PVP. You want to be 50 as soon as you log on? I never heard people complain about the time it takes to reach max level until WOW became the popular MMO. Easymode ftl.
So... you liked the bit about time travel as soon as you logged in, eh? Because I thought that was pretty ridiculous in a fantasy mmo. Not to mention the rest of the story is uninspiring. I found no drive to make me want to play it.

I resent your comment about wanting the easy way to max level. If your really interested in why, PM me and I'll get into it.

In regards to WoW simplifying the MMO world, no I disagree. What simplified the MMO world are all the support websites that give all the tricks and tips away for free. The overall knowledge of the customer has gained exponentially during WoW's tenure as king. The only part that WoW is responsible for in that is simply the crazy population increase in the amount of MMO players. This larger population made the websites more profitable from advertisements and thusly more powerful in content.

In regards to the graphics, good graphics are inconsequential. What is number 1 in an MMO game is the gameplay. Graphics can be upgraded or changed with new skins, textures, or general system updates. However, the gameplay is integral. Blizzard knew this all those years ago.

In the end though, all that really matters even above gameplay is fun. So if you have fun in it, more power to you. However, I did not.