09-02-2012, 11:01 AM   #48
doc19
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boostin FD View Post
That was after they pitted both their cars for the 2nd time...
Yeah I think you are right - they just couldn't keep the harder tires long enough to make a one stop work and they were slow in sector 2.

I have a question for you guys - I really don't understand the hate of Hamilton. I'm not a huge fan of his, but reading some peoples' comments on the web about him I find mystifying.

Was tweeting the telemetry bad for the team? Yeah, very much so, but as a fan of motor racing I found the info fascinating. I don't see this as him "acting like a baby" or "being immature." I think he just wanted to show people how much faster Button was going around the track than everyone else. And then, the next commenter calls him "immature" for not wanting to talk about the accident and moving on to congratulate Button's win, which, to me, seems to be the most mature thing you could do in that situation. Hamilton could have skewered Grosjean, and he had every right to based on the video. Anyway, I just don't get it. Like I said, not a big fan of Hamilton, but the guy can drive a car, his performance in Canada was nothing short of amazing.