View Single Post
      03-08-2009, 10:08 PM   #2
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition

I don't know if the vibration can lead to premature part wear/failure or not. I've ignored it and it eventually went away, but it did take several weeks. In some cases, you can actually see pad deposits, but not always. I was told you can use an orbital sander to get the pad material off, but I have no idea if that would do the job, and it would be difficlt to get at the inside faces of the rotors with a sander. Another option is to put more agressive pads in and bed them to see if they remove the softer stock pad material (this did work for me). Running medium-compound track pads, if there is actually such a thing, will not lock your wheels and call in ABS. I know since I ran medium compound Carbotech pads, and that was not an issue at all, and I was really stepping on it. That is my recommendation: to get at least "medium" compound track pads. Actually, the manual recommends the use of different pads at the track as well. The thing is, to the best of my knowledge, they all make noise. You might want to check out the softer compound Pagids (I have no personal experience with them). I just got a set of RS-19s and I know they will make a lot of noise so I've resigned myself to that outcome. Good luck.