11-02-2013, 07:07 PM   #43
whats77inaname
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: when at all possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boostin FD View Post
What a load of crap! Anything to charge you a trip to the dealer. Any ideas on how to register it? Which software is needed to do this?
I linked it in a post above. You need a K+DCAN INPA compatible coding cable, though. This is the exact one I have and use: http://www.ebay.com/itm/380684643069 $28 shipped. This is also the cable that will let coders code your car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyM3_R1 View Post
I wonder what BMW would charge to reset/code my battery if I were to install one from SEARS?
We can meet up sometime next week and I can do it for you for free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
Isn't that just resetting battery adaptation, as opposed to coding? I would describe coding as changing the amperage hours specification for a different size battery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whats77inaname View Post
In reading a bunch of the threads on b-m-w-c-o-d-i-n-g.c-o-m, people call it registering the battery. In looking @ the BMWLogger software, the option says, "Register New Battery" so it has been my understanding that the registration of the battery via the software was all that is needed. I mentioned to Benvo in passing about my battery and coding when conversing about other coding and he mentioned that he could do it, but when I told him that I was going to use the BMWLogger software and do it myself, he just said, "okay" and didn't mention anything else needed to be done.

I will, however, verify w/him and post what he says.

My question to him: "Question regarding battery registration: The BMWLogger software has a "New Battery Registration" option that I used to register my new battery. Do I need to do anything else?"

MB's response: "You would have to ask them as I didn't write the software, but I presume that's all that is required."

Last edited by whats77inaname; 11-02-2013 at 08:03 PM..
Appreciate 0