You got my money?
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Ice Cream Truck

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hieu1004 View Post
I owned a newer WRX and a 2011 STi - both manual transmissions. I had short shifter for the STi but it's stock with the M3, so the comparison for length of throw isn't fair. However, the STi shifter feels a bit more notchy than the M3. The M3 is much more smooth in comparison.

As far as power goes, the M3's V8 power is very linear (w/a very flat usable torque curve) so it does not "feel" as fast as the sudden spool of turbo, but it is definitely fast(er). I admit, having 18psi of boost on call is definitely great, but having a 400+ hp V8 is crazy fun - especially one that revs to 8300! With the STi, I had some suspension upgrades (RCE Yellows & Sways) and it still doesn't come near to the M3's handling characteristics and confidence. The STi is a bit more "raw" while the M3 is a lot more refined. One thing I miss is how easy it is to make power with a turbo, but it's not enough to make me go back.

The cars are very different and you'll just have to test drive one to see for yourself - it is a very different driving dynamic. Be warned, once you test drive one, you might have to buy it.

I concur 100% with this post. I had 4 suby STI's in a row before my M3. 03/06/09/2011 and I wish I keep my 2011 now. I miss the torque, AWD and cheap and easy mods to make it a little track monster. Ugly little bastards, but fun cars for sure! One of the best bang for the buck cars out there for sure.