View Single Post
      12-01-2007, 11:19 AM   #151
gbb357
Captain
Rep
Drives: IS300

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToothDoc View Post
Looks about right - except I don't think your software is allowing for "launch" techniques. If you notice, all your 5-60 mph is FASTER than your 0-60mph times and with proper technique, clutch slippage or torque converter slippage, 0-60 is typically faster than 5-60. It is also noticeable on the 60 feet times - I'm sure the IS-F AND M3 is capable of 1.9 second 60' times. My stock IS350 with Dunlop Sportmaxx on stock rims has hit 1.91 seconds a couple of weekend ago (no weight reduction).
I've been saying this from the begining. No software out there can really replicate "launch techniques" because it's a human factor. Reaction times makes a huge difference. Like the example that i've posted in the "regression thread", when i took my car in a track the best 1/4 mile that i got was 15.9 & 16.0. But when my friend drove my car who is much more experience than i am, he was able to do 15.4 and 15.5. The same applies to a track course, the driver factor will significantly have a huge difference on how fast or slow a car will perform.
Appreciate 0