View Single Post
      03-18-2010, 05:56 AM   #43
05SCM33
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrip View Post
So, in summary....don't use meth on the S65 unless the ionic knock correction has been properly calibrated, right ?? That isn't so difficult to understand, and it certainly doesn't warrant saying that running meth will blow an S65 engine PERIOD.

People in the US (specifically 91 octane states) are always going to turn to meth to produce more power due to octane restrictions, or poorly engineered set-ups, or both . Whether or not meth will maintain good engine life is 100% up to the tuner's understanding of the car's ECU, and meth's impact on how the factory knock detection identifies a knock event .
That is what I understood Sal's comment to mean all along. Basic logic and reading comprehension, without unnecessary inferences intended to create absolutes for argument purposes, suggested to me at least that is what he was saying. Unless mistaken, I never saw "running meth will blow an S65 engine PERIOD." That was how his comments were cast so they could be challenged and argued.

Then again, I am the same guy who will never understand why it is so important and so satisfying to some to draw lines in the sand, argue, and chest thump over matters that are truly inconsequential in the grand scheme of life . . . .
Appreciate 0