05-22-2009, 10:54 PM   #13
Adonislike
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Toyota Insight/Honda Prius

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808MGuy View Post
Looks like I'm going to go with the 5.1k but the 6.9 is still in the back of my mind. My contact is out of town until the end of next month so I'll have to wait until he gets back to make my order anyway.

There are pros and cons to both. The enormous headroom provided by the 5.1k is hard to ignore but also the fact that the SWS can only do so much has me thinking about the 6.9. If I do go with the 6.9, I can always use the sub channels on the 6.9 to run the SWS as stereo midbass and then add a mono amp and sub in the trunk if I feel the need for more bass. If I get the 5.1k and I'm not happy with the bass output from the SWS, I would end up probably getting another 2 ch amp to run the SWS stereo midbass and then use the sub channel on the 5.1k to run a sub in the trunk. I don't know which would be cheaper or easier to do later but we'll see I guess. I still think the 5.1k is the way to go.
Nice!!! Im VERY happy with my set-up so far. Although I am waiting for something to happen to my Bit One like it has to almost everyone else.
Appreciate 0