View Single Post
      05-21-2009, 02:28 PM   #4
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808MGuy View Post
The amp is a 5 ch and that just happens to be what the sub channel can put out. I can also consider going to a 6 ch that will only do 500W @ 2 ohm for the SWS but then I would lose power on my mids because the other amp does 170W and the smaller one does about 70W to the mids. BTW, the amps being considered are the Audison LRx 5.1k and 6.9. I worked out an awesome combo deal with the BitOne. Getting the 6.9 would only be $100 less than the 5.1k but if you think the 6.9 would be a better fit for the system I would be willing to give up the extra output. The mids are a/d/s 344is and tweeters are a/d/s px concepts. One thing the 6.9 has over the 5.1k is that its all class a/b. The 5.1k is class D on the sub channel.
I see... any mono SWS-8 implementation will require two 4 ohms SWS-8 wired in parallel, so the 2 ohms version is out of the picture with the 5.1k.

Personally, I would go with the 6.9 to retain the full stereo effect of the woofers and drive the front/rear/underseat woofers with it; the SWS-8s then should be the 2 ohms version, so you can get them close to their max RMS input (140W at 2 ohms vs. 75W at 4 ohms). The bit one.1 then should be free to be adjusted without choking it to protect the woofers.

Are you having any rear speakers in this system? Are you having a trunk sub? The 5.1k looks to me that would be great only for a front/stereo underseat woofer/mono trunk sub setup.
Appreciate 0