CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kotik View Post
ok did my first day... came to the ring, used their compressor and the gauge to check the pressure. Pumped it to 2.4kpa (about 37psi), got on the ring and the car was really shifty (felt like tires were moving off the rim). Rechecked pressure and did two more laps, same shit. Finally took analog gauge from this dude, and checked... 10psi over!!!!! Set it to normal, set EDC to normal, and car drove a lot better, but not as expected. The tires hold pretty well, but still sequel under hard turning... I think i need suspension next...

Also, question. How do I know if I'm not rolling the tires? I saw little triangles on the side, how do I read them? On the back tires, i'm just touching the tip of triangle a bit. On the front, I'm half over the triangle.
37 psi cold is way too much for NT01s. You sould be targeting 39 hot. To get there I usually start 30-31psi cold and then bleed when hot to get the 39.

The stock M3 suspension is quite capable, I doubt this is your main issue. If you run too high pressures on NT01s they will feel squirely as you will not get them hot enough and won't be optimizing the contact patch.

As for the side wear markers (triangles), you should not wear them down. If you intend to track more, I would definitely recommend camber plates for the front, as the stock setup will not allow you to get the required -2.5 to -3.0 degree of camber that the car needs. I run -1.8 at the rear and the stock adjustments allows it.
Appreciate 0