View Single Post
      02-26-2013, 10:21 AM   #40
saeyedoc
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 Carrera S, 2013 Panny GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo M3 View Post
This is going to be a tough choice for me.

I currently have an E90 M3, and I want to replace it at the end of the year.

I'm currently looking at either a used Cayman R, a new 981 Cayman S, or a used 997.2 GT3. It will be my second car, and will just be driven for fun and for the track.

The obvious choice is the GT3, but that is really stretching the budget; I'd like to keep it under $85-90k, so at the moment the 997.2 GT3 is out of budget.

Any suggestions or hints? I love the idea of a Cayman, but I fear that after being spoiled by the S65 V8, I will find the decreased straight line performance a disappointment. I'd also like something raw and uncompromised - I don't need much in the way of practicality, aside from the occasional errand on a weekend. It sounds like the new Cayman S is a bit softer and has lost its edge.
How about a 911 Turbo? I can't recall what year they switched over to the newer engine, but something around a 2009 or so should be in your price range. Plenty of power and track friendly. I think the prior gen engine was based on the engine used in the GT3 (don't quote me on that one, I could be wrong).

Just looked it up, 2009 or older uses the Mezger engine.
Appreciate 0