View Single Post
      11-19-2012, 05:35 PM   #24
suprafrank
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Since I bought it brand new in 2008,

1) had battery replaced after about 3.5yrs.
had front rotors replaced just 1 day before the 4 yr warranty finished and no charge for me.

2) had the steering angle sensor replaced just 1 month after 4 yr warranty expired and luckily I bought an extended warranty when I bought the car otherwise it's a little over a thousand for this.

3) right side brake light bulbs were loose causing brake light warning came on and off. I readjusted the bulbs myself and no problem since. I searched about this and it's quite common.

3) now my car is at the dealer as of right now waiting for the DME unit to be replaced (covered by my extended warranty but I have to pay $100 deductible but it's better than paying for more than a thousand for this).

If this M3 keep having problems, I will trade it in for.......not sure what. I love this M3 but the electronic control stuffs keep failing and they are costly to replaced (not to mention the safety issues if the electronic control things suddenly fail and causing accident). I will update my list if more problems arise.

My car has Active Autowerke pulley with belts, AFE intake (the one that works with the original intake box), Eibach springs, and Borla exhaust. I do not believe any of these mods has anything to do with any of the above problems. ???any thoughts??

The battery died in 3.5yrs might have something to do with my key placed too close to my garage and my M3 has the keyless entry thing. Now I keep my car key far away from the garage.

Last edited by suprafrank; 11-20-2012 at 05:03 AM..
Appreciate 0