04-25-2013, 07:26 AM   #58
MLSavage
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i AW 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
So did Newey car let SV shine? or SV overtake able newey's car perform in clean air?
Who knows the real answer, but we all know that SV + RB series is constantly a winning car and serious championship contender. Since 2009.

But I don't think we will see SV and RBR run away with the championship like 2011.
We should see Ferrari, Mercedes and Lotus breathing down RB's neck and keep them honest throughout the season.
Definitely.

About RB, clearly RB has a great car, Vettel is a great driver and RB strategy and execution are excellent. You put all of those together and you get 3 straight double-championships.

2 cases of all of these not being in sync were visible last season alone. McLaren had the best car but their strategy and execution let them down. Ferrari had a poor car but Alonso was the best driver. And, that 'number 2' driver makes a bit of a difference in the constructors as well.

And after we talk about all of these things, lady luck plays her part at the end of the day. Does Alonso win the Driver's if he's not taken out by Grosjean? We'll never know and that is what makes life special.