View Single Post
      02-11-2011, 12:06 AM   #15
warzilla
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

We had many current Range Rovers in my family. We currently have the RR HSE. My Father has the RR Sport. Believe me, while there is a new update on the RR Sport, its still a serious rip-off. Let me count the ways:

- Reliability. BMW isn't the best, but believe me RR makes BMW seem like a Toyota in comparison. Take it from someone who been at the RR dealership too many times.
- Resale value. RR don't hold up their resale that well. Check autotrader on what a 08 RR Sport will cost now compared to what you pay for new. Heck I see RR Supercharged (a 100k + brand new) selling for 35k-40k.
- This is the big one: the RR Sport is basically the LR3/LR4 but with a better looking shell. The car is the same underneath mechanically. And while I can't judge the new year model, I can tell you from past experience that the past LR3/LR4 and RR Sport all drove like ass. My Father can't even drive our RR cause he can't believe how crappy his RR Sport drives in comparison. And the RR isn't no BMW in steering/driving dynamics either.

Seriously. Unless you really value the luxury factor and the prestige factor, get the X6. Its faster, handles better, I think is a tie in looks, and will be more rare on the streets then the RR Sport. Please, seriously, don't get a RR Sport.
Appreciate 0