07-24-2015, 12:50 PM   #1342
FormulaMMM
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsADSM View Post
Just got back from Gingerman. I only got in one session on the new tires (take off pirelli's) and also one session where I remembered to actually turn on Harry's Lap Timer. I got a 1:44.42.

Stock powertrain, stoptechs, clubsports, and the take off Pirelli DHs.

I am a decent driver but I definitely left a few seconds on the table as I need much more seat time to get used to the new suspension and sticky tires (I've only ever driven on street tires before). With the Pirelli's and KWs its total insanity how early you can get on the gas.
That's a solid time dude, well done.

"LM3" in the vid above is yours truly. I'm headed out there for the first time this season this coming Monday. Look forward to trying out the repave, but I don't know what I'll do without some of my old pavement reference points.

You can use the times in this article as reference points, though this was pre-repave. http://www.automobilemag.com/feature...erican-hustle/

Camaro Z28 is a 1:41.8 with a professional driver. As you probably know, that's about as track prepped a street car as you can get w/ 505 hp, so I'm not actually sure how much room there is for improvement with E9X and our mods. I've done countless laps around Gingerman. Feel like faster than the 1:42.7 in my vid above would require larger cojones and probably involve risks I'm unwilling to take... Maybe the repave will be an assist. We'll see.

Appreciate 0