06-27-2012, 01:05 PM   #10714
M_BYEEE
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeskaM3 View Post
I wasn't referring to any particular experience, just my impression as a whole, which is of course going to be from pretty much an outsider's view since I didn't go to many meets because (it would seem) by the time I started going, it looked like it was already dying off. And saying "the people who know know, and the people who don't, well don't" just adds to that feeling of being an outsider. I don't need to know everyone's beef, but when I show up at a meet and no one is there, it would have been nice to know that something was up and people just weren't feeling it.

And I didn't mean to imply to NO ONE does anything with their cars. Like I said, it's just a general impression.

I guess if it is more about the people, then that makes it even harder to jump in without knowing someone, especially when the meets have died off. I know scheduling is an issue, but aside from Adam, no one else has made an effort to work something else out. I just got a little kick out of seeing this thread revived by a comment about how it had died off and then no mention of a meet for this week.

It all stems from my frustration in trying to break into a scene that seems pretty exclusive. Online, I have tons of info from the forums and websites, and I've been able to get some ideas about mods, but I'd like to see them in person, and since the 805 lacks my version of the M (aside from the one AWESOMELY modified e46 that came out once), I've missed that. I really enjoyed the LA drive up to SB because there were a LOT of e46 cars, and I got a few ideas from the owners and saw the mods in person, how they looked and sounded, and it really inspired me.

I think I've been relying on other people to make opportunities available, and I'm just going to have to be more aggressive in seeking them out myself.
If you want to see more e46 M3's the mfest crew has a very heavy bias towards e46's as well. The majority of mfest is e46 and e9x m3s. That would be a good place to start