SlammedR8
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i/2020 R8 V10 Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainaudio View Post
Radar Detector Detectors

Radar detectors are legal to use in passenger vehicles in all states with the exception of Virginia and Washington D.C. or while on an US military base. In Canada, only three provinces allow the use of radar detectors in passenger cars: British Columbia, Alberta and Saskatchewan.

In all commercial trucks (18 wheelers) the possession of a radar detector is illegal.
The first Radar Detector Detector (RDD) was the VG-2. You will find that most radar detector manufacturers advertise that their detectors are all VG-2 proof. The problem with this is that VG-2 is seldom used anymore. Most, if not all police departments now use the Spectre to sniff out radar detectors.
That is why Radar Roy, through his contacts in the law enforcement community, purchased his own Spectre III to test radar detectors immunity to this new threat.

In testing, Radar Roy has only found three radar detectors that can defeat the Spectre. They are:
Great post, thanks for the info. So I guess that means that the Valentine 1 is detactable by the Spectre.
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Spyder 6MT - Ascari Blue/Black
Appreciate 0