08-29-2013, 02:23 PM   #545
OC3
Havin' a blast!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 E92 Jerez Blk DCT ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILSMKU View Post
Whatever man. I have both. If you like DCT, then get DCT. Im not a racer, so I don't care what is technically faster. I already admitted I felt the DCT is a better "over all" transmission, but IMO, its BORING. Period. If you don't like what I think, oh well. Because frankly, I could care less what you think is better. I bought what I LIKE. Not what YOU LIKE. Understand? Good.

There is nothing wrong with liking what you like. The problem is; when you start telling me your choice is better because you choose one option over another. Get over yourself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILSMKU View Post
Oh boy... here we go again. We have another one explaining why his choice is better. If you want to be Ricky Racer and have that 10th of a second faster lap, have at it buddy. I really don't care! I just don't like elitist acting like there choice in a transmission makes them better than the next guy. I find DCT boring. You like it. Oh well. Who cares buddy. You buy what you like and I will drive what I like. End of story.

But anyone who acts like an elitist because he thinks DCT is SO much better is a tool in my book.

You guys going to rant and rave over me liking vanilla ice cream over you liking chocolate too? You guys remind me of church people who come to my door and want me to like there religion or else I'm a sinner. Heaven forbid people from having there own opinions.

For the rest of you...

Enjoy what you like. Who cares what people think. If we all did the same thing, nothing would be original. No one would have there own opinions and the world would be boring! Like what you want to like and if someone like something else, don't act like some elitist ass-hat who feels hes better than you just because he choose something you didn't.

/I'm out.
No no no, you (along with half the people who post on this forum) got it all wrong. I agree with you that it's one's choice (didn't I say that already? --> "That, of course, is your preference. It's your car, you're paying for it") and, whatever choice one makes, that's fine - i.e. the "choice" is fine. What is not are these idiotic claims that 6MT fanboys tend to make (99% of whom never even drove/tested DCT). Anyhow, a lot of this type of banter on the forum is a result of some serious degree of reading-comprehension problems.

Look, I've had both too. You and I are in a small minority group.

In any case, you used words like "elitist" and, when I read what 6MT fans write, that's exactly the impression I get - i.e. that, because they prefer to row their own gear, they are somehow part of an elite group, and that somehow makes them some sort of purists. Add to that, these idiotic wholesale claims that people who bought DCT are a bunch of soccer moms, can't or won't drive MT, typically don't work on their own cars, etc, etc, no wonder this DCT-vs-6MT arguments never die out. I personally know at least 3 6MT people in SoCal who learned how to drive MT in their M3 (i.e. they have less than 2 years of MT experience, embarrasingly stalling their cars all over the streets mere months before posting on m3post.com) and, to read their posts on here, my gawd, you'd think they went thru tens of MT cars over decades and are genuine experts. You read posts from the likes of them, and see how similar more than half of the posts from other 6MT fanboys are, I tend to argue against their sophomoric arguments. This is not about trying to claim that 6MT sux, or that it's a poor choice, etc (although, in my and many others' minds, DCT is clearly a better technology).

If pro-6MT arguments were posted by experienced 6MT owners like Kaiv, Radiation Joe, radiantM3, Ti-Jean, pkim1079, etc (I'm sure there are a lot more out there, I just don't know of them), who I KNOW have very good MT skills, hey, no argument from me. More power to them. In fact, their posts on this subject tends to be spot-on, objective, and are void of silly, sophomoric claims. But, then, you have these other random, anonymous idiots, the extent of whose driving skills are going on "spirited" drives (with MDM on, mind you), and wildly claim "6MT FTW, and DCT drivers are a bunch of women"...

I can't speak for other DCT owners, but although I track, I did not choose DCT because it shifts faster (and, I'm pretty sure the majority of DCT owners didn't either). I chose it simply because I found the 6MT M3 I had (2008 model) to be ok at best, and because I found DCT to be an amazing technology.

In closing, totally agree with you on this --> "Enjoy what you like. Who cares what people think. If we all did the same thing, nothing would be original." If other 6MT people posted like that, we'd have no issues.
BRP 1:56 | CVR 2:01 | ACS 1:53 | WSIR 1:34

Last edited by OC3; 08-29-2013 at 02:29 PM..
Appreciate 0