08-07-2013, 11:15 AM   #38
swartzentruber
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nullrouted View Post
Those two, along with certain Porsches, do give the M3 a run for it's money. If the rumors are to be believed about the M4's pricing being closer to $85k, I think we may see more attrition to cars like the ones I've listed above, rather than upgrades to M4.
I would be shocked if that were the case, particularly since the current M3 didn't really sell that well, which is likely at least partially attributable to the price increase over the E46 M3. There's nothing I've seen so far to suggest anything that would make the M4 worth much of a price increase -- the engine in fact is arguably a downgrade, vs both Audi and MB are sticking with V8s in their competitors.

To the OP, I never really strongly considered the others. The M3 was an easy choice because I've been a BMW fan for a few years, plus I was doing ED, and BMWs is one of the best values. Also a fan of the M3 due to the ALMS car. Audi was ruled out because I wanted to go RWD (was trading in a 335xi), plus their dealership experience generally sucks. As far as MB, I just haven't been that much of a fan of their cars, plus I don't think I could be happy with a conventional auto (a DCT version might be a different story). Cadillac is just too big, and I'm not all that fond of the looks, plus also just a conventional auto.

Last edited by swartzentruber; 08-07-2013 at 12:25 PM..
Appreciate 0