01-05-2010, 06:30 PM   #7
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorH View Post
I've done both and they are both a lot of fun. If you get a chance though, I highly recommend the advanced M-School at VIR. It's a blast and the instructors are great. It is a lead-follow type of arrangement and if you're doing well the instructor will push you are far as you're comfortable.

We were in the rain for much of the weekend, and I always thought that I'd hate rain (I would always turn around and go home if the autocross or time trial was in the rain) but it was great fun and if you were faster than your classmates in the group but you were behind the instructor, well, Bye-Bye.

Club events are much, much less expensive by at least a third or more depending on how you prep your car and where you stay. However, some of the guys at the advanced M-class had done it 3-4 times because they figured it was worth saving the wear and tear on their cars ( I thought our cars were designed for this so I don't endorse that idea).

Good info from someone who's done both.
And I agree that our cars are designed for this... except the damn power steering pump!! Buying new tires and pads would still be cheaper than the driving school since you should be able to use them for a couple events or more.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0