///Mangler
Captain
Rep
Drives: E30 M3 Darth Vader Trackcar

Garage List
2000 E39 M5  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoutineMachine
The info on how to apply the curves is wrong. Adding gain is never the correct answer when using a car audio EQ. Multiple people have spoken up about this in the thread but their comments have fallen on deaf ears. If you boost rather than cut you're adding distortion and throwing away amplifier power. What you want to do is find a curve you like, write it down and then take the Band that gets the largest bump and put it at zero. Now use that band as a reference point for setting all of the other bands below zero rather than above it. You get more volume and less distortion in the end.
This exactly what I did when in first for my car. I reset everything to zero and then moved all the EQ bands to as far as they would go -

I then played a few known tracks and went through each band and got them right. Most of my settings are only one or two off the very bottom.

The thing that blows is xm and Bluetooth and MP3s sound like ass and there's nothing you can do but carry around CDs to get decent sound.

What else no one is doing is EQing the car while moving. Sitting in a quiet garage and using an RTA will produce very different results than while moving at speed.
Appreciate 0