View Single Post
      11-02-2005, 10:01 PM   #50
Phoenix-IT
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Acura RSX Type-S

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebe1
Japanese crap? Man, we got another BMW snob over here. BMW's are definately not all that. Audi's? Even less so because you feel like you're driving an Accord with them.
Sounds like you've never driven an Audi.

I've driven an Accord... I have also driven a new TL and I own a RSX-S.

I've tried the A4 Q S-Line, and S4 and there is no comparison between them and Audi. The Audi does not look like a Honda, the paint is better, the balance is better, the handling is much better and there is a night/day difference in the interiors. How the F you could have ever sat in an Audi and said it's no different from a Honda is beyond me. Did you by chance forget to bring your glasses?

Don't get me wrong, The Honda Accord is a nice, reliable and affordable family sedan. But if you compare it's driving to an A4 Quattro, it's an understeering, underbraking moose that will get you killed if you try to push it through a hairpin like the A4Q. The Accord's interior is mostly plastic, nice plastic, but plastic just the same.

Accord = Reliable family sedan. Audi A4Q = Luxury Sports Sedan. That's how they are advertised and that's how they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebe1
BMW's depreciates like crazy, but atleast its a seemingly fun ride until you touch a real sports car (re: 997, Cayman, Corvette Z06, etc.).
Where are you getting these alleged facts? The top of your head? Let me guess, you own a riced out Accord and this was just wishful thinking on your part. I understand, you don't have any useful information to contribute, so you made some up. I'm not even going to rebut this, The Detroit News can.

BMW High on Resale Value

A real sports car (Z06, etc.) is also a seemingly fun ride until you touch an F1 Racecar. But you can't exactly fit two people in that, just the way you can't fit 5 in the Z06. (Unless you're talking about me and 4 naked girls.) BMW's are a blend of sport, luxury and utility. The cars you mention have less of the latter and more of the former. Some people still want to have fun with the car they drive clients around in; Corvettes aren't good for that. (BTW There's a video going around somewhere of a Audi 1.8T A4 outperforming a Corvette on a road course... Which kind of throws a stick in that fan too.)

Now that we've got that straightened out... Why don't you...

to

Like the good subservient Japanese car driver that we know you are...

Appreciate 0