Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: SGM 135I

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
What are you talking about? So Lloyd had some trouble beating the neandrethals from down south, and he had an embarrassing loss against a top tier FCS team.... Michigan was over-ranked going into that year, and the best of the FBS are not terrible teams at all....

Michigan football wasn't dead before RR came along.... We had a solid defense every year, fielded great talent on offense, and had a shot at winning a game against any opponent in the country at any time. Plus, we were pumping players into the pros at a healthy, consistent pace.

Do you know why we have RR as coach instead of someone more capable? It's because Bill Martin (our dumbass AD at the time) had a fishing trip he had to tend to before contacting other prospective coaches (such as Les Miles). After he got back from his trip, RR was really the only high-profile choice he had. It was a stupid decision on his part.

And anyone who tries to use "Lloyd left the cupboard bare" excuse is smoking crack. There's a Heisman candidate QB (a real QB who can regularly throw the ball to his own players) down in the Ozarks who left UofM because of RR's silly system. There's also a really good Offensive Lineman in Columbus who we lost, and several recruits who we either had de-commit, or they were on the fence and Michigan was no longer on their short list.

Now, three years later, RR can't find a kicker to reliably make extra points or any kind of field goal, his system has driven some of our best players to leave for the pros prematurely (see Donovan Warren and several receivers who could actually catch the ball), and he hasn't replaced them with anyone worth a damn. He can't recruit defensive players at all (obviously).

We regularly embarrass ourselves on the field these days, even when we win. Seriously, how low has Michigan football sunk that we need to rush the field in celebration after needing 3 overtimes to barely beat a mediocre Illinois team at home??? How far have we fallen? Let's not even get into the off-field troubles and investigations.... What a disgrace.

The guy is a hack. He can't make it in a real conference like the Big Ten. It'll be nice to see him leave after we get stomped by OSU in embarrassing fashion (once again), and then have an embarrassing showing in some shit bowl game.

I would allow a rebuilding period for a coach who was developing professional atheletes. I would allow it if our progam was still one of discipline and integrity on and off the field. And last, but not least, it would be OK if they were actually showing progress. Other than Denard Robinson, the team itself has progressively gotten worse. If it wasn't for Denard, we'd be just as bad (record-wise) as we were last year, if not worse.

I was being a bit sarcastic...LOL Being a OSU fan and all.
Appreciate 0