View Single Post
      02-14-2023, 08:04 AM   #4
MMMM6GC
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M6 GC

Omg thank you for that fantastic and detailed response. Exactly what I was looking for! I agree it's definitely a rare bird especially for comps, it's so rare to find an 08 with such low mileage (typically it's the LCIs that are super low miles). From reading here, most people seem to agree there is little to no difference in an 08 vs a later model / LCI (besides some different options, lights, and things like bluetooth streaming) but none of that bothers me.

I think I am correct in believing that the model year doesn't seem to have as much impact on values these days as much as spec and condition and mileage does.

I'll definitely go and check that E92 out in this case. I highly doubtful the seller will drop below $40k, in fact I think even offering $40k is borderline lowballing?

The Melboure red car on BaT was stunning (and clean cars on BaT do bring a slight premium). I can't open its carfax but reads like it's had multiple owners (4+) whereas this IB E92 has 2 owners including the current. Biggest thing is the damage reported on carfax, I will find out more about this if it is really as described by the seller.

I'm also in no rush so I'll give the car and documents a thorough going over before making any decision. My only thing is - from the "feel" I get of the E92 market, finding another low mileage 6MT car (with even more desirable spec/clean title) will more likely put it in the $50k ballpark. I just haven't come across anything sub 30k miles and manual under that price!

I will report back soon!
Appreciate 1
DrFerry6734.50